Wednesday 6 May 2009

Membership based services

Online source - http://nccc.org.my/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
Issued by - Pusat Khidmat Pengguna Nasional (NCCC)
Date - 6/05/2009

Do you really need to sign-up for long term agreement?

Fitness centres
Yoga centres
Slimming packages
Cosmetic treatment


Hair-care treatment"Memberships" costing thousands of ringgit are charged to your credit card with all kind of sweet deals but ends with a heavy burden to many!
If you are moving because of job relocation, you are not allowed to terminate. Do you believe, termination only possible upon your death?

Please think before you charge to your credit card.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, this is my first attempt to write on your blog. I have a very disturbing experience and not know which areas this should be addressed. However, it comes under consumer affairs in my perception.

    A circular was sent to my email as I am a member of the Entrepreuner Action Plan. The circular related to the awareness of an upcoming event is The Franchise International Malaysia Exhibition, to be held at the PWTC from 31July-2nd Aug.

    I had to call up the Organising Committee (Malaysian Franchise Association)to find out the critical details missing from their website. The information I wanted was as follows:

    1. National Franchise Conference
    Member RM195
    Non Member RM295

    2. Franchise Seminar
    This is where I was most alarmed to find out that it is confined to 'Bumi' only. At first I couldn't believe my ears. I asked the receptionist to repeat and she told me 'Bumiputra' meaning for the Malays only.

    I asked her why this is so...the non-Bumi pays tax too; what happens to our PM's 1Malaysia movement; the make-up of multi-cultural, multi-racial population of Malaysia, don't we practice what we preach!

    I am a returnee to Malaysia and horrified to experiece such racial discrimination even for lifetime learning such as the Franchise Seminar.

    Can anyway do anything about this racial inequality? I experience equality and equity in a foreign country working in public health with constant interactions with Ministers, communities, grassroots, never been told that I am not allowed because I am not their national.

    Can MCA check with the Malaysian Franchise Association for having such discrimination against the non-Bumi or why Bumi only!!!

    Please enlighten me to stop asking why???????

    Susan Loo

    ReplyDelete